Tuesday 6 January 2015

Production: Editing Photos

When editing my photos, I planned to create a silhouette effect, then add in a swirled motif, to link back to the tattoo designs in our music video. I also noted from my research that illustration is a key element in the print works of my genre.

To produce this, I firstly created a layer above the photograph, after opening it in Krita. Then, with the top layer's opacity set down, I coloured over the portrait.

Once I had my silhouettes, I selected each one in turn, then added another layer above where I drew the swirled motif. I chose to select the silhouettes this way, as it ensured that the swirls didn't stray out of the silhouette boundaries.

I then repeated this with the other silhouette and neatened it up.

I used a special 'curve' brush to create the swirls. Above shows a zoomed in screenshot of the brushes appearance.

After creating the image, I decided to explore filters using iPiccy. All of which, I reduced the intensity of a little, as they were too strong as the website presented them...



The final filter is my favourite, the one chosen by my audience sample that I asked, and the one I intend to use. I then, finally, edited the other images this way...




No comments:

Post a Comment